Christopher Scheer shares his Top Ten Lies We Were Told About Iraq
10. "We found a biological laboratory in Iraq which the UN prohibited."
9. "We know where [Iraq's WMD] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south, and north somewhat."
8. "Our conservative estimate is that Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent. That is enough to fill 16,000 battlefield rockets."
7. "We have seen intelligence over many months that they have chemical and biological weapons, and that they have dispersed them and that they're weaponized and that, in one case at least, the command and control arrangements have been established."
6. "We have also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We are concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVs for missions targeting the United States."
5. "We've learned that Iraq has trained al-Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases ... Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints."
4. "[The CIA possesses] solid reporting of senior-level contacts between Iraq and al-Qaeda going back a decade."
3. "We believe [Saddam] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."
2. "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
And the number one lie we were told about Iraq:
"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program ... Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment need for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."
I wish these were funnier.